If you have already taken the Foundations of Proposal Management course, or have experience with proposal management, the Advanced Proposals Management class is the class for you. It is an interactive 2-day workshop that is 60 percent lecture, 20 percent exercises and case studies, and 20 percent discussion.
The Advanced Proposals Management class covers a spectrum of the most important topics, from preparing for a proposal effort and making a bid-no-bid decision, to orchestrating a great proposal kickoff, driving subject matter experts to produce winning content, exhibiting superb leadership and management skills, optimizing proposal team performance, getting the most from the proposal color reviews, and mitigating proposal risks at every stage to reduce stress and increase win probability. The course also focuses on measuring and improving cost-efficiency and effectiveness of the proposal team.
Some of the topics the Advanced Proposal Management covers are
- Understanding how to avoid proposal mistakes even mature companies make mastering tools and techniques for making a bid-no-bid decision.
- Determining whether an RFP is wired.
- Planning and managing proposal budget and resources.
- Conducting a highly effective proposal kickoff.
- Scaling the proposal process up and down for different size pursuits.
- Applying the techniques to produce the most compelling proposal content that makes a winning difference.
- Mastering rapid learning techniques in a new subject matter to provide ample guidance to subject matter experts who develop innovative solutions.
- Initiating and facilitating rapid solution and section development for every part of the proposal.
- Tracking volume and section progress and quality.
- Applying leadership and proposal team building techniques to achieve optimum performance from proposal contributors.
- Applying effective communication methods to the proposal team.
- Getting results from difficult proposal team members.
- Working effectively with remote participants.
- Getting the most useful inputs from the color reviews.
- Mastering techniques for quickly integrating reviewers’ input into the proposal.
- Managing proposal risk.
- Applying metrics for proposal effectiveness.
- Conducting an effective lessons learned session.
- Making use of personal and organizational proposal process optimization.
Learn more or register at www.ostglobalsolutions.com/advanced-proposal-management
Written by Olessia Smotrova-Taylor, CF. APMP Fellow and President/CEO of OST Global Solutions, Inc., a business development, capture, and proposal management company that helps businesses grow in the federal market. Over the course of her career, Olessia has won a few dozen IDIQs and Task Orders, helped her clients win more than $18 billion in government contracts, and assisted many small businesses in acquiring game-changing opportunities. She has worked on IDIQs for over 11 years, 5 of which she spent focused exclusively on Task Orders while managing a $450 million/year IDIQ. Prior to founding OST, Olessia won business for Raytheon and Lockheed Martin and wrote for the Financial Times of London. She has become a well-known speaker, author and educator and is now the President of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) National Capital Area (NCA) chapter. In addition to writing How to Get Government Contracts: Have a Slice of the $1 Trillion Pie, Olessia developed and taught a graduate course in proposal development at NASA for the Stevens Institute of Technology. She also leads a variety of business development, capture and proposal writing training workshops at OST throughout the year. Olessia can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 301-384-3350.