Those who have been around IDIQs for a while know that your chances of winning a task order diminish with each month that passes by, and each competition where you lose or fail to participate. This is why it is critically important that you set up a bid engine that will help you ramp up quickly, and become less reactive in responding to task orders. Use these eight fundamental steps to create a bid engine:
- Designate responsible personnel and identify resources with roles unique to task order management organizations.
- Configure tools for collaboration, information storage and retrieval, and speeding up all tasks from solution development to editing.
- Develop a task order manual that spells out all the standard operating procedures for the IDIQ.
- Set up processes for business development, mini-capture, marketing, short-fuse proposal development, and maintenance of your bid engine.
- Set up the website to market your IDIQ.
- Set up a properly referenced and tagged collateral library to speed up task order responses.
- Train and involve operations to help you develop business and prepare task order proposals.
- Master tight writing to pack punch into your page-limited responses.
Contact us to learn more.