This Advanced Proposal Management training course takes government proposal management to the next level, beyond the proposal process, and into the fine-tuning of the proposal team leadership and proposal content development skills indispensable for a senior proposal manager looking for higher win probability (Pwin).
This class covers the spectrum of the most important topics, from preparing for a proposal effort and making a bid-no-bid decision, to orchestrating a great proposal kickoff, driving subject matter experts to produce winning content, exhibiting superb leadership and team management skills, managing conflict, setting the right expectations, optimizing proposal team performance, getting the most from the proposal color reviews, and mitigating proposal risks at every stage to reduce stress and increase your proposal’s Pwin. The course also focuses on measuring and improving cost-efficiency and effectiveness of the proposal team.
This course is for those who have several years of experience with proposal management. It builds advanced skills by offering a deeper understanding of the theory and practice of proposal management, expanding abilities through best practices-based methodologies, and provides tool sets for immediate implementation.
This is an interactive 2-day workshop that is 60 percent lecture, 20 percent exercises and case studies, and 20 percent discussion.
- Understanding how to avoid proposal mistakes even mature companies make • Mastering tools and techniques for making a bid-no-bid decision.
- Determining whether an RFP is wired.
- Planning and managing proposal budget and resources.
- Conducting a highly effective proposal kickoff.
- Scaling the proposal process up and down for different size pursuits.
- Applying the techniques to produce the most compelling proposal content that makes a winning difference.
- Mastering rapid learning techniques in a new subject matter to provide ample guidance to subject matter experts who develop innovative solutions.
- Initiating and facilitating rapid solution and section development for every part of the proposal.
- Tracking volume and section progress and quality.
- Applying leadership and proposal team building techniques to achieve optimum performance from proposal contributors.
- Applying effective communication methods to the proposal team.
- Getting results from difficult proposal team members.
- Working effectively with remote participants.
- Getting the most useful inputs from the color reviews.
- Mastering techniques for quickly integrating reviewers’ input into the proposal.
- Managing proposal risk.
- Applying metrics for proposal effectiveness.
- Conducting an effective lessons learned session.
- Making use of personal and organizational proposal process optimization.
Upcoming Bid & Proposal Academy Classes
Developing a Winning Cost Volume course helps you increase your federal contract win probability. We focus on government contract evaluation, pricing fundamentals such as cost buildup and cost volume elements, price strategy, developing basis of estimate (BOE), coming up with assumptions, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), cost volume narrative, winning in lowest price technically acceptable proposals (LPTA), and much more.
This Government Business Development training offers essential skills in professional business development for government contractors selling services and solutions to the Federal Government. The two-day course begins with an overview of the Federal business development (BD) process and what it takes to succeed in the profession. It proceeds to the basics of U.S. Government business.
The course uses a real bid opportunity to practice all the capture steps in hands-on exercises using typical tools available to business developers and capture managers. Participants practice developing key elements of a capture plan using a capture plan template provided with the course, and brainstorm on win strategy using a case study.