The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) continues to provide updates on the Program Management, Administrative, Clerical, and Technical Services III (PACTS III) contract. While the recent Q&A session left some questions unanswered, this presents an opportunity for proactive businesses to position themselves for success.
Key Insights from the Q&A
The DHS is still in the process of finalizing the details of the PACTS III opportunity. While this means some questions remain unanswered, it also signals that there’s still time to influence the final Request for Proposals (RFP) and prepare your team for the bidding process.
How to Gain an Advantage Now
While we wait for further updates from the DHS, there are several steps your business can take to prepare:
- Understand the Agency’s Needs: The more you understand about the DHS’s needs and goals, the better you can tailor your proposal to meet them. This includes understanding the mission and objectives of the DHS, as well as the specific requirements outlined in the draft RFP.
- Establish Relationships: Building relationships with the contracting agency and potential partners can be beneficial. This could involve reaching out to the contracting officer with questions or attending industry events to network with potential partners.
- Prepare Early: Start preparing as early as possible. This includes gathering past performance information, assessing capabilities, and considering potential teaming arrangements.
How OST Global Solutions Can Assist
OST has a proven track record in winning more than $23 billion in funded contracts for our clients. We offer industry expertise, a custom approach, and significant time and resource savings. Here’s how we can support your PACTS III submission:
- Proposal Development: From interpreting the RFP to writing compelling narratives, we guide you through the entire proposal process.
- Capture Management: We help develop win themes to DHS, build the bid team, and lead the solution development.
- Price to Win: We provide turn key competitive assessments and PTW services to ensure your price is competitive.
- Resource Augmentation: We provide skilled resources to support your proposal development efforts such as color reviewers, proposal managers, writers, graphic artists, etc.
OST Global Solutions is a professional business development consulting firm. We have extensive experience in winning large, strategic bids like PACTS III. We can provide capture and proposal teams to develop a complete, winning proposal. Or we can provide consultants on a case-by-case basis to fill gaps on your business development team. Our services related to PACTS III consist of capture management, cost volume development, price-to-win analysis, team identification/negotiation, proposal management, proposal writing, editing, graphics, and desktop publishing.
Upcoming Bid & Proposal Academy Classes
This class covers the spectrum of the most important topics, from preparing for a proposal effort and making a bid-no-bid decision, to orchestrating a great proposal kickoff, driving subject matter experts to produce winning content, exhibiting superb leadership and team management skills, managing conflict, setting the right expectations, optimizing proposal team performance, getting the most from the proposal color reviews, and mitigating proposal risks at every stage to reduce stress and increase your proposal’s Pwin. The course also focuses on measuring and improving cost-efficiency and effectiveness of the proposal team. Learn More
This Advanced Capture Management course is for federal business developers and capture managers to learn advanced techniques for government customer engagement and sales, intelligence gathering on opportunities, win strategy brainstorming, and facilitation of competitive analysis, Black Hat, and solution development (CONOPS) workshops. This is the ultimate course for positioning to win government contracts through a rigorous capture planning process. Learn More
Developing a Winning Cost Volume course helps you increase your federal contract win probability. We focus on government contract evaluation, pricing fundamentals such as cost buildup and cost volume elements, price strategy, developing basis of estimate (BOE), coming up with assumptions, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), cost volume narrative, winning in lowest price technically acceptable proposals (LPTA), and much more. Learn More