The Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), is considering a recompete of its IT-Services contract vehicle, Veterans Intake, Conversion, and Communication Services (VICCS), a Multiple Award Indefinite Delivery – Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ). With the current contracts nearing expiration in September 2024, now is the time to gear up and gain a competitive advantage for this $5.4B opportunity. Here’s a closer look at the VICCS program.
VICCS Contract: Expanded Scope and Strategic Positioning
With VICCS, the VA is focused on enhancing and streamlining the Veterans Benefits Administration’s (VBA) claims processing system. This contract is central to the VA’s ongoing efforts to transition to a more comprehensive, paperless claims processing environment. The scope of VICCS includes:
- Efficient Intake Services: Streamlines the entry of claims and documents into the VBA system.
- Robust Material Management: Manages all source materials, ensuring their integrity and accessibility.
- Digital Conversion Services: Transforms documents into digital formats for seamless integration into VA systems.
- Optimized Mail Management: Manages both inbound and outbound mail through a centralized portal, boosting communication efficiency.
- Effective Transaction Processing: Facilitates transaction processing and case management services.
- Centralized Outbound Services: Standardizes outbound communication.
- Data Reconciliation and VA System Integration: Ensures accurate data transfer to VA systems.
- Training and Change Management Support: Develops training materials and supports change management initiatives.
- Business Process and Data Analytics Enhancement: Improves business processes and implements advanced data analytics and visualization tools.
Be Proactive to Gain an Edge
With VICCS still in the pre-RFP stage, interested bidders should engage early to understand and influence the evolving requirements. Be on the lookout for Requests for Information (RFI) on SAM.gov, as the VA may conduct additional market research. Interested bidders can also begin capture work, including:
- Customer Engagement: Establish connections with key stakeholders.
- Win Strategy: Start documenting customer hot-buttons, drafting win themes, and finalizing your gap analysis.
- Analyze and Prepare: Conduct in-depth analyses of potential requirements and start aligning your offerings accordingly.
- Competitive Assessment and PTW: Prepare initial competitive assessments for a Black Hat and Price-to-Win analysis.
Forecasted Contract Details (If Recompeted):
Potential Solicitation Date: July 2024 (per Deltek)
Potential Award Date: September 2024
Estimated Value: $5.4 Billion
Contract Type: Firm Fixed Price, IDIQ
NAICS Code: 518210 (Computing Infrastructure Providers, Data Processing, Web Hosting, and Related Services)
Duration and Options: 1-year base with 4 x 1-year options
Expected Awards Count: 6
OST Global Solutions
As the VICCS program gears up for its next phase, OST Global Solutions is your partner to develop a winning proposal for this opportunity. Our team brings expertise and content leadership, ensuring your business is prepared and ahead of the competition. We offer:
- Strategic Capture Management: Identifying and analyzing opportunities, shaping solutions early to align with VA’s evolving needs.
- Early Engagement and Intelligence Gathering: Leveraging our network and expertise to provide insights and position you ahead of the competition.
- Market Analysis and Positioning: Assessing the competitive landscape to enhance your strategic approach for the VICCS opportunity.
- Pre-RFP Readiness and Planning: Preparing your team for the RFP release with tailored strategies, tools, and insights.
OST Global Solutions is a professional business development consulting firm. We have extensive experience in winning large, strategic bids like VICCS. We can provide capture and proposal teams to develop a complete, winning proposal. Or we can provide consultants on a case-by-case basis to fill gaps on your business development team. Our services related to VICCS consist of capture management, strategic planning, competitive assessment, teaming and partnership development, and RFI response and interaction.
Contact us to discuss your bids, so we can help you develop a winning proposal.
Upcoming Bid & Proposal Academy Classes
This class covers the spectrum of the most important topics, from preparing for a proposal effort and making a bid-no-bid decision, to orchestrating a great proposal kickoff, driving subject matter experts to produce winning content, exhibiting superb leadership and team management skills, managing conflict, setting the right expectations, optimizing proposal team performance, getting the most from the proposal color reviews, and mitigating proposal risks at every stage to reduce stress and increase your proposal’s Pwin. The course also focuses on measuring and improving cost-efficiency and effectiveness of the proposal team. Learn More
This Advanced Capture Management course is for federal business developers and capture managers to learn advanced techniques for government customer engagement and sales, intelligence gathering on opportunities, win strategy brainstorming, and facilitation of competitive analysis, Black Hat, and solution development (CONOPS) workshops. This is the ultimate course for positioning to win government contracts through a rigorous capture planning process. Learn More
Developing a Winning Cost Volume course helps you increase your federal contract win probability. We focus on government contract evaluation, pricing fundamentals such as cost buildup and cost volume elements, price strategy, developing basis of estimate (BOE), coming up with assumptions, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), cost volume narrative, winning in lowest price technically acceptable proposals (LPTA), and much more. Learn More